Here's everything you need to know about the Wekiva vs. Apopka Regional Semifinal game on November 16:
Parking and Traffic Flow
- Parking is $3 per car. To minimize traffic spilling onto Hiawassee, we will be collecting payment farther back than usual, and we will be filling the stadium parking lot from back to front. Please follow the directions of the parking attendants and be patient. Overflow parking will also be available in the north (faculty) and center (visitor) lots and bus loop until they are full.
- We anticipate parking to reach capacity, potentially before kickoff. Please carpool, get a ride, or use a rideshare service if possible. If you are bringing a vehicle, please plan to arrive early.
- If you are dropping someone off and not parking, please use the main school entrance at the traffic signal and keep left once you have turned into the campus. You will turn left and drop off at the media center instead of turning right toward the stadium, then exit back onto Hiawassee.
- If you are picking someone up, please use the faculty entrance and the bus loop.
- Cars exiting the campus anywhere other than the traffic signal will only be permitted to turn right onto northbound Hiawassee Road. You may make a U-turn at Sandy Lane if you need to go south.
- Admission is $8 for all guests. Only FHSAA State Series passes are accepted at playoff games. Ticket sales will be halted when we reach capacity or at the end of the third quarter, whichever comes first.
- Because of anticipated long lines at the gates, we strongly recommend electronically pre-purchasing tickets and showing them on your phone. You may do so at this link: https://gofan.co/app/events/40994
- During the school day Tuesday through Friday, you may also purchase tickets from the front office, or from Coach Biaggi at lunch.
- Per OCPS Policy, backpacks and bags are not permitted inside the stadium. Purses and medically necessary bags are subject to search.
- Two admission gates will be available to expedite entry. Wekiva fans will use the north stadium entrance. Apopka fans will use the south stadium entrance, which provides more convenient access to the visitor stands. Follow the signage at each gate depending on whether you pre-purchased tickets (or are a State Series Passholder) or whether you need to purchase admission at the gate.
- If you are depending on a ride to get home from the game, please be sure to notify them at the end of the third quarter that they need to be on their way. We are expecting large crowds, and clearing the campus quickly after the game will help us greatly with crowd control.
If you are not able to join us in person, you may listen on the radio or watch/listen on your computer with the links below:
You may also download the NFHS Network app on your Apple or Android device and watch there as well. Please note that the NFHS Network requires you to register an account. The cost is $9.95/month (which will cover you all the way through the state championships) or $35 for the whole year (which would include any future playoff coverage of basketball etc.). Be sure to identify that you are supporting Wekiva when registering in order to get these discounted rates and have a portion go back to the school.
Please note that since we do not own the rights to playoff games, we are not permitted broadcast them on free streaming services such as YouTube. The NFHS Network partners with the FHSAA so that we can bring playoff games to you at a very reasonable price while remaining compliant with broadcast rights policy.